Jr Engineer – Project Controls - Remote Locations
To be successful in the role of Jr Engineer – Project Controls, the candidate must be able to manage a diverse workload related to construction control functions for heavy civil earthworks projects at remote sites involving extended periods outdoors in inclement weather, and to be able to handle tight timelines.
- Must be willing to travel to Northern Sites Across Canada
- Able to read and understand civil engineering drawings
- Experience in civil / mining construction is a benefit
- Work efficiently with various equipment and computer software applications such as spreadsheets (Microsoft Excel or similar), project management and scheduling (Microsoft Project, Primavera 6, or similar)
- Able to organize and file data daily and produce reports
If you possess these Main Requirements please continue to read and we look forward to reviewing your resume
- Support the Project Manager in the preparation of the project controls system and communicate site progress
- Liaising at the site level between the project manager, project team, and external stakeholders
- Provide daily, weekly reports, cost tracking, preparing progress schedule updates, and assisting with daily communications from the site
- Assisting with the ‘Request for Information’ process for technical clarifications, and/or the change management system to ensure the project manager effectively manages changes and claims
- Maintain accurate records and related documentation and adjust instruments to maintain their accuracy
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures
- Graduate of a civil engineering, geological engineering or similar earth sciences program from a recognized Canadian university
- Minimum one year of experience in field engineering role related to construction project management
- Read and interpret construction drawings and specifications
- Knowledge of applicable Health & Safety legislation
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English
- Must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management
- Dynamic and positive thinker
- Strong computer skills and proficient in the use of MSOffice, data, and engineering-based software
- Self-starter with the ability to set standards of excellence in safety and quality
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work individually and as a team
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License, with clean abstract
Job Type: Full-time Position involving extended hours (typically 12 hours/day; work rotation of three (3) weeks on with one (1) week off OR two (2) weeks on with (2) weeks off)
Location: Construction sites across Canada mainly in remote locations. All expenses for travel to site and accommodations and meals (or a meal allowance) will be covered by Outcome Consultants
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Outcome Consultants is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. Do not hesitate to contact us if you require alternative arrangements to submit your application. Candidates with a disability requiring accommodation during the interview process should advise.
If you meet the required qualifications and are interested in the position, please submit your resume by the Application Deadline: July 31, 2022.
Note: All employment is conditional upon meeting the qualifications of the job and completing and obtaining a satisfactory background check, including employment references, driver’s abstract, and criminal records checks (for which a pardon has not been granted).