Geotech Field Engineer
To be successful in the role of Geotech Field Engineer, the candidate must be able to manage a diverse workload related to construction quality control functions for heavy civil earthworks projects at remote sites involving extended periods outdoors in inclement weather, and to be able to handle tight timelines.
- Must be willing to travel to Northern Sites Across Canada.
- Able to read and understand civil engineering drawings.
- Experience in civil / mining construction
- Able to oversee, review and approve material testing programs
- Able to carry out foundation inspections and approvals
If you possess these Main Requirements please continue to read and we look forward to reviewing your resume
- Carry out field inspections for the implementation of a quality management plan and inspection and test plan (ITP) related to earthworks projects
- Verify performance specifications have been achieved and prepare approval forms (subgrade approvals, lift approvals, etc.) as part of the ITP and project close-out documentation process
- Complete or provide quality assurance reviews of field compaction testing using a nuclear densometer
- Complete quality assurance and approval of soil test reports (grain size, moisture content, Proctor, Atterberg Limits, and related laboratory tests)
- Complete onsite approvals of foundations (Shear keys, dams, toe berms) for multiple materials
- Communicate effectively and identify and resolve technical issues with the engineering personnel at the site or office
- Maintain accurate records and related documentation and adjust instruments to maintain their accuracy
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures
- Graduate of a civil engineering, geological engineering or similar earth sciences program from a recognized Canadian university
- Minimum two years of experience in field engineering role related to construction quality management
- Read and interpret construction drawings and specifications
- Knowledge of applicable Health & Safety legislation
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English
- Must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management
- Dynamic and positive thinker
- Strong computer skills and proficient in the use of MSOffice, data, and engineering-based software
- Self-starter with the ability to set standards of excellence in safety and quality
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work individually and as a team
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License, with clean abstract
Job Type: Full-time Position involving extended hours (typically 12 hours/day; work rotation of three (3) weeks on with one (1) week off)
Location: Construction sites in across Canada mainly in remote locations. All expenses for travel to site and accommodations and meals (or a meal allowance) will be covered by Outcome Consultants
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Outcome Consultants is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. Do not hesitate to contact us if you require alternative arrangements to submit your application. Candidates with a disability requiring accommodation during the interview process should advise.
If you meet the required qualifications and are interested in the position, please submit your resume by the Application Deadline: July 4, 2022.
Note: All employment is conditional upon meeting the qualifications of the job and completing and obtaining a satisfactory background check, including employment references, driver’s abstract, and criminal records checks (for which a pardon has not been granted).