Intermediate Environmental Engineer or Scientist, Project Manager with Outcome Consultants
Can you see yourself here? Outcome Consultants provides environmental and construction consulting and support services to a variety of clients in the government, construction, and mining industries. We have a reputation for managing project risks in some of the most challenging locations in Canada. Since our start in 2012, our company has expanded 30-40% each year in response to a growing demand from our clients for our services and our solid reputation. If you are qualified environmental professional (see Required Qualifications below) and you are looking for a company that will mentor you and generously reward you as you help to grow its environmental division, Outcome is the right place for you.
And what is “here” anyways? Outcome’s head office is in Ottawa and you would be expected to be either in Ottawa or willing to relocate to Ottawa. Our project sites are in all of Canada’s Northern Territories, and the northern reaches of some provinces and we are growing our Ottawa-based practice.
What will you be doing? In a nutshell: Environmental work for sites in the north and client development activities to help us grow, particularly in Ontario.
As an intermediate environmental engineer or scientist within the environmental services division you will be expected to carry out the following:
- Prepare work plans including the technical methodology, cost estimate, schedule, and risk management plan for environmental site assessment (ESA) or remediation projects.
- Successfully launch and manage ESAs or remediation projects within the organization, establishing the team structure and roles, and overseeing the project to ensure the tasks are completed as specified.
- Conduct Business development to identify and evaluate new opportunities with clients and potential partners/collaborators for OCI. Prepare recommendation to the Division Lead and President on the go/no-go decision for each new opportunity.
- Provide technical oversight and leadership on core environmental or construction projects, train junior staff, and involve other subject matter experts when needed.
- Complete quality assurance reviews on project outputs, and when necessary, and carry out the technical services for ESA or remediation projects.
- Liaising between the client, OCI personnel, Indigenous team members, suppliers, and external stakeholders
- Lead and prepare regular reports related to quality, financial, schedule, and safety performance for the portfolio of environmental services projects assigned to you.
- Support the Environmental Division Manager Operations with overall workload
- Initiate project reviews during and at project close-out and documenting lessons learned
- Undergraduate degree in environmental or civil engineering or related earth sciences program
- Eng. or P.Geo. in any jurisdiction in Canada.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the environmental services industry
- Interest in Northern work.
- Proficient in software applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel. MS-Project or Primavera an asset.
- Project Management training or PMI designation an asset.
- Self-motivated and with willing to learn and can-do attitude
- Research, networking, and relationship building
- Takes action to understand, persuade, or influence others in order to have a specific impact
- Strong communicator and an ability to work with anyone.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to resolve conflicts
- Experience in environmental procedures and regulations in federal or a provincial / territorial regime.
- Must be able to comprehend and communicate orally and in writing in English.
- The majority of work will occur in an office setting but must be able to travel (air travel on commercial and charter planes/helicopters is required) and be on site for minimum of 4 weeks per year.